Do you feel:
- Intimidated, belittled or humiliated?
- Forced to do things against your will?
- Coerced into sexual acts, or sexually isolated?
- Physically assaulted or threatened with physical abuse?
- Lonely, isolated with little support from other people?
- Degraded, worthless or powerless?
- May consist of verbal abuse such as name calling or putting you down.
- You may be being prevented from seeing your family or friends, or from having your own life outside the home by working, socialising or doing courses.
- Being humiliated in public or being required to carry out tasks in a set order can be identified as abuse.
- There are many, many more forms of abuse, it isn't just physical violence.
How we can help?
- You may need a refuge or you may only need support and information from our outreach or Floating Support workers. We can give you information on your rights to housing, benefits, legal help, custody, divorce.
- Experienced confidential and empathetic help in talking through your problems, with support for any difficulties your children are facing.
- Practical assistance with moving house, school etc.